It is the vision of Germantown High School to become the center of an inspired community of individual with the common purpose of accelerating our young students into position for successful futures.
• All students can learn, achieve, and succeed.
• Students learn in different ways.
• A safe and physically comfortable environment fosters student learning.
• Research based, data-driven decisions facilitate the continuous improvement of student
achievement, which ultimately lead to the elimination of the student achievement gap.
• Student self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among and
between students and staff.
• Students learn best when they are actively engaged and take ownership in the learning process.
• Students, Teachers, Parents, School Staff, and the Community share the responsibility for the
support of the school’s mission.
• Exceptional students require special services and resources.
• Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social emotional and intellectual needs.
• Embracing cultural diversity can increase students’ understanding of different people and
• All students deserve an equitable education.
• Each individual has responsibility for his/her actions and the resulting consequences.
Germantown High is a federally funded NCLB School. Shelby County Schools does not discriminate in its programs or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, handicap/disability, sex or age. For more information, please contact the Office of Equity Compliance at (901) 756-2350.